REGULATION NO. 3/2014 issued by THE Director of THE WARTA RIVER MOUTH NATIONAL PARK dated 24th February 2014 Rules for making the area of the Warta River Mouth National Park accessible for recreational fishing
According to article 8e excerpt 1 art. 1 of law from 16th April 2014 about nature protection (Journal of Laws from 2009 no. 151 position 1220 with changes) with the content given by the law from 18th August 2011 about the change of the nature protection law and some other laws (Journal of Law form 2011 no. 224, position 1337) coming into effect the 1st January 2012, art.11 excerpt 1 point 3 of the law from 18 July 2001 (Water Law Journal of Laws no. 115, position 1229 with changes) paragraph 1 excerpt 2 Regulation issued by the Director of the Regional Water Management Board in Poznań dated 30th April 2004 on determining fishing districts, Regulation of the Minister of Environment from 9th January 2014 about protection objectives for years 2014 – 2018 the following rules have been established:
The WartaRiverMouthNational Park, hereinafter referred to as the Park shall be accessible to recreational fishing according to the rules respectingwildlife conservation. These rules are contained in the following regulations.
1.Recreational fishing is permitted on the Park waters based on a valid fishing licence and a recreational fishing permit for the area of the WartaRiverMouthNational Park.
2. Making waters accessible for members of the Polish Angling Association, Gorzów Branch, shall be subject to separate rules set forth under the agreement signed with the Polish Angling Association, Gorzów Branch,
1. The sale of recreational fishing permits in the area of the Warta River Mouth National Park, hereinafter referred to as the Permit, is carried out by the Warta River Mouth National Park, with its headquarters being located in Chyrzyno.
2. The price of the Permit shall be established and announced by virtue of a decision issued by the Director.
Recreational fishing in the area of the Park shall take place according to the rules determined in the recreational fishing regulations of the Polish Angling Association that include the following limits:
- minimum legal length of pike: 50 – 80 cm
- minimum legal length of zander: 50 – 80 cm
- minimum legal length of wels catfish: 70 – 170 cm
- minimum legal length of asp: 70 – 80 cm
- minimum legal length of perch: 18 – 40 cm
- all fishing methods where live or dead fish as bait is used are prohibited,
- daily fishing limit: pike – 2 pcs, bream – 4 pcs, wels catfish – 1pc, tench – 3 pcs, zander – 1pc, eel – 1pc, asp – 2 pcs
- it’s prohibited to have more fish than the fishing limit
- ice fishing is prohibited
- it’s prohibited to store and collect fish over and under their minimum legal length
- trollingis prohibitedexcept the period from 1st July till 30th September
- it’s prohibited to throw fish food to the water to attract fish
1. The following places shall be designated for recreational fishing:
a. the left bank of the PostomiaRiver- from 16th June to 31st December, from dawn to dusk;
b. the left bank of the Warta River from “I Wyrwa” (12.5 kmof the river) to 14 kmof the river - from 16th June to 31st December from dawn to dusk;
c. the left bank of the Warta River from 14 kmup the river to the boundaries of the Park from 16th June to 31st December, fishing is permitted 24 hours excluding the period from 1st to 31st December when prohibition on night fishing shall apply because of burbot protection;
d. the right bank of the Warta River from 17km (Prądy) down the river to the boundaries of the Park - accessible all year round, fishing is permitted 24 hours excluding the protection period for burbot from 1st December to the end of February, when prohibition on night fishing, that is from dusk to dawn, shall apply;
e. the right bank of the WartaRiverfrom 17km (Prądy) up the river to the boundaries of the Park - accessible from 1st April to 14th November, for 24 hours;
f. the OldWartaRiver(MaszówekCanal) - accessible all year round, from dawn to dusk;
g. Yellow Canal, Lake Kiszki, Lake Głuche, the right bank of Red Canal, from16th June to 31st December, from dawn to dusk;
h.the left bank of RedCanal(from one side of road no. 22) - accessible all year round, except winter fish gathering i.e. from 1st December to the end of February, fishing is permitted from dawn to dusk;
i. Sargent’s Lake – accessible from 1st June till 31st December from dawn to dusk;
j. Waters of Warta River within Park’s borders – are accessible for fishing from a boat, all year round from dawn to dusk.
2. Fishing on the other waters within the boundaries of the Park is prohibited.
3. If bird nesting season is extended, the dates of fishing access, as specified in section 1 herein, may need to be postponed until the nesting season is over.
1.In order to protect the overwintering area for fish, a prohibition on spinning shall be implemented from 1st November to 31st December on the left bank of the Postomia River from Seagull Island down the river to its mouth and from 1st November to 31st March on Red Canal from Chyrzyno Bridge down the watercourse to its mouth.
2.In order to protect water plants and wrigglers a prohibition on wading is implemented. Only bankfishingis permitted(the definition of a bank is provided in art. 15 item 1 of the Water Law dated 18th July 2001).
3. Camping, making fires and vehicle parking is permitted only in designated places according to the Regulation of the Park Director on making the WartaRiverMouthNational Parkaccessible to tourism.
4. Organizing fishing events in the Park each time requires a permission issued by the Park Director.
5. Before starting fishing, a fisherman has to clean his/her fishing spot within a radius of 10 meter.
6. Any lawless modifications of the banks by building reinforcements, embankments or footbridges without permission are prohibited.
7. Building shelters prohibited.
8. Spearfishing is prohibited.
9. The documents entitling their holder to fish in the area of the Park shall be presented upon request of the Park employees, Police Officers, Fishing Guards and Border Protection Officers.
10. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in suspension (cancellation) of licences without any refund or compensation and in other penalties, as provided by law.
Roads and paths leading to fishing spots are determined by a valid Regulation on making the WartaRiverMouthNational Parkaccessible to tourism.
In some cases related to nature protection needs, fire protection or ensuring safety of visitors of the Park, the Director may implement a prohibition on recreational fishing in the whole area or in selected areas of the Park.
This Regulation is valid form 24.02.2014
the Director of the Warta River Mouth Park